Tuesday, May 24, 2011

White Belt Post

This post has relatively nothing to do with the rank of "White Belt", but rather that in most systems of martial arts, white belt is the first rank and this is the first post.

I began my study of the Martial Arts in 1997, under the tutelage of 5th Degree Master Brad Tinnon of Action Arts Academy, but I didn't stay with him for long. It wasn't until age 14 that I found Chon Mu Hap-Ki-Do Martial Arts Association. It laid the foundation for the way I perceive and learn about the martial arts. I again didn't stay with them very long due to high school, but I keep in contact with my instructors. I studied independently and with fellow martial artists until June of 2010 when I rejoined Tae-Kwon-Do under the tutelage of 7th Degree Master Bob Zacharias. I did not stay with him very long due to personal reasons, but leaving him enabled me to meet other martial artists and further my education. As of May 20th 2011, I am officially a 1st Degree Belt under the Martial Arts Club; MAMA-SAN Martial Arts.

Through this blog I hope to capture my feelings and thoughts towards the martial arts, help other martial artists young and old, and to reflect on different aspects of the martial arts.

JoKyoNim Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment